We are recruiting a Field Service Engineer for an important client of ours (an Italian Company – leader in WorkingWood Machinery) based or able to travel and work all over the UK, Scotland, Wales and Midlands mostly.
Field Service Engineer – CNC WoodWorking Machines (Wood, Glass, Stone)
Type of Contract
Permanent (full time)
About the company
About the Job
Key purpose is to provide technical & customer service support during field customer visits on their machineries, including but not limited to, carry out on-site trouble shooting, diagnoses, mechanical installation, configurations, maintenance and repairs.
Main activities and responsabilities: (May be required to perform additional duties)
- provide service and customer support during field customer visits;
- manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks;
- trouble shoot, diagnose errors or technical problems and determine solutions;
- operate equipment and machinery in a safe manner;
- build positive relationships with customers;
- follow workflow work orders (WO) of assigned schedule work – WO includes product info/customer info/ safety info/location/contact person/nature of technical query;
- update the WO with the activities at the intervention;
- customer signs WO and email WO to customer and head office of work carried out for invoicing purposes;
- attend product, service training locally and internationally;
- provide training to customers and other service technicians;
- work with spare parts, planners, hotliners, customer service representatives to action customer queries;
- proactively call planners to follow up work schedule;
- perform routine maintenance & configurations;
- provide Sophia IoT connection to new machines in installation and train Customer on Sophia Parts usage;
- warranty forms – when on warranty related tasks;
- installations of Biesse machinery products, including testing and providing adequate training to customer;
- produce installation form report.
The ideal candidate
Key skills required:
- proven field service experience – 2 years + (stone, wood and glass) plus CNC Machines;
- ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment;
- english literacy;
- ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules;
- ability to work nationally – interstate travel required;
- ability to work unsupervised;
- certification/lic e.g. Electrical Contractors Lic (desirable);
- ability to read blueprints, layouts or technical diagrams & manuals;
- experience with basic hand and power tools;
- experience with diagnostic tools;
- physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment, and bending down frequently etc;
- strong problem-solving skills;
- excellent customer service skills to deal sensitively with customers who have malfunctioning equipment;
- possess good organisational skills;
- ability to work quickly under pressure;
- aware of electrical, mechanical and chemical health and safety issues.
Salary package and benefits commensurate with experience.
At Pyou we ensure an equal opportunity recruitment process. All applications received will be welcomed and reviewed on the merits of the applicant’s profile for the position, regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family responsibility, age, religion or belief.
Apply with us
If you think you have the skills and experience required to start your journey with us, don't miss out - apply now!